Effective date: May 25, 2018
By using this Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to change these terms and conditions at any time. Please check these terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of www.sidebysidepet.com following the posting of changes to these terms and conditions will indicate your acceptance of those changes.
Information we collect
- Information you provide to us directly: Before using certain parts of this Site, creating an Account and/or ordering products, you must complete a registration form. When registering, you will be prompted to provide certain personal information including, but not limited to, your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, credit card number and information about your pet(s). These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and this Site, and for internal data modeling and marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we will use the personal information to contact you.
- Analytics information: We may employ third-party analytics tools and embedded scripts on the Site to help measure traffic and usage trends. These tools collect information sent by your device to the Site, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists in improving our services. This analytics information is collected and used with analytics information from other users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual user.
- Cookies: Like most other websites, Side by Side Pet uses cookie technology throughout the Site. Cookies are small text files that a website stores in your web browser’s cache. They are not programs, and cannot harm your computer. Cookies generally contain information that is associated with your web browser, such as website preferences, login information, or a user ID. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content, tracking of orders and shopping cart items.
- Web Beacons: As well as cookies, we use other technologies to recognize and track visitors to our Site. A web beacon (also known as a “tracking pixel” or “clear GIF”) is a clear graphic image (typically a one-pixel tag) that is delivered through a web browser or HTML email, typically in conjunction with a cookie. Web beacons allows us, for example, to monitor how users move from one page within our Site to another, to track access to our communications, to understand whether users have come to our Sites from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to measure how ads have been viewed, and to improve Site performance.
- Log Information: When you access the Side by Side Pet website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This log information is not linked to personal information unless you are an active customer with an Account, or have otherwise provided such information to us. Third parties may also use tracking technologies such as web beacons, images, scripts and cookies to track information in the aggregate on our Site for analytics purposes. Side by Side Pet does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies.
- “Do Not Track” Browser Settings: We do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser, because we do not track users other than for aggregate statistical purposes.
Any information we collect might be used for the following purposes:
- To customize users’ experience while using the website.
- To remember information so users will not have to re-enter it.
- To fulfill requests and/or process transactions for information, products and/or services provided by Side by Side Pet.
- To process Account registrations and verify that users’ registration information is active and valid.
- To improve the functionality of the website and its features.
- To improve customer service.
- To communicate with users and provide users with information.
- To conduct relevant marketing research.
- To monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- To develop and test new products and features.
We will not share, rent, or sell your information to third parties outside Side by Side Pet for their marketing purposes.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm
We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations or as otherwise required by law.
What happens in the event of change of control
We may transfer information about you if Side by Side Pet is acquired by or merged with another company or if all or substantially all of our assets are sold.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
Images of people, animals or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Side by Side Pet. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these terms and conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate applicable law including, without limitation, copyright laws, trademark laws and the laws of privacy and publicity.
Links to Other Websites
Side by Side Pet does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Site. The Site is not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us directly.
Control of your Personal Information
You may update your Account at any time by logging in and changing your profile information or settings. If you have any further questions about reviewing or modifying your Account information or settings, please contact us directly. You may also permanently delete your Account. You may also request the removal of any images or content you provide to us for placement on the Site, and can remove directly any content you have placed on a Social Media Page in accordance with the standard process for the Social Media Page.
How long we keep your information
Following termination or deactivation of your Account, we and/or our service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and/or user-submitted content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
Opting Out of Communications
If you have subscribed to or are otherwise receiving Side by Side Pet news, alerts, blog posts, or similar information from us by email and no longer want to receive such information in the future, you may opt-out of receiving these emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of those emails you receive. Please allow ample time for us to process your request. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing, please contact us using the Contact Us page listed below.
Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving emails, you may still receive communications related to your interaction with us (such as confirmation of an Account registration or form submission) or otherwise as required by law. Also note that we may need to keep personal information we have collected about you to respect your decision to opt-out, for record-keeping, research and other purposes.
Access from Outside the United States
If you access the Site from outside of the United States, information that we collect about you will be transferred to servers inside the United States, which may involve the transfer of information out of your country of origin. By allowing us to collect personal information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of your personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
For California residents only. We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates or other related third parties for their use in marketing to you. Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light Act,” California residents are permitted to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use. Please contact us using the Contact Us page listed below to request a copy of our disclosure pursuant to California law.
We will provide the required information to your email address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Please feel free to contact us for any further questions or suggestions at https://www.sidebysidepet.com/contact-side-by-side/.